- It has 2 sections instead of 3. The 2 sections are Math and Evidence - Based Reading and Writing
- There is no required essay. This will be optional. If you choose to do the essay, you will be asked to analyze a passage from a book. You will be given 50 minutes to complete it. Not all colleges require it so be sure to check with your colleges of interest.
- You will not be asked to complete sentences, but you will have to figure out the meaning of words based on their use in the sentence.
- There will be more advanced Math, including Trigonometry and Statistics.
- There will be a portion of the Math section that does not allow you to use calculators.
- The number of choices per question is 4 instead of 5, which increases the odds in your favor :)
- There are no penalties for guessing.
- Score: Each section will be scored on a scale of 200-800 points, making the new perfect SAT score 1600.
- Time: The total time is 3 hours. Math is 80 minutes. It is split into 2 parts and there is a 5 minute break between them. The Reading is 65 minutes and the Writing is 35 minutes. There is a 10 minute break between the two of those. *Add 50 minutes to this if you choose to do the essay.
The College Board
The Princeton Review