Tips for Preventing Summer Reading from Ruining Your Summer
- Calculate the number of pages that you have left to read and divide it evenly over the days remaining of summer vacation . This way you won't have to deal with it on top of the work you will be given when you return to school. Unfortunately that first day of school will be here before you know it .
- Bring your book to the beach with you.
- Read while you're traveling.
- Take advantage of any small chunks of unexpected free time that might arise (Example: when your waiting for a friend to pick you up and they are running late, you could fit in an extra 10 or more minutes of reading)
- Make the best of it. Don't just assume that the book will be boring. Keep an open mind.
- Make it interesting. Choose a character and picture yourself as that character and maybe you can picture some of your friends as the other characters. You might have some good laughs doing this.
- Form a summer book club with your friends.
- Take notes after you finish each Chapter. Here are some worksheets that will help you: