Pablo Picasso must have done something right. He is one of the most talented and well respected artists in in history. He was a painter, sculptor, and ceramicist. The art style that Picasso used and is extremely well known for is called cubism. Cubism stresses abstract structure by showing several aspects of the same object at the same time.
In order for Picasso to have accomplished all that he did, he must have had some kind of a game plan. According to the above quote, he did. He set goals for himself and he took action steps to achieve those goals.
S.M.A.R.T. stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. When you have a particular goal in mind it can be helpful to go through this checkilist:
- Specific: Does your goal clearly state what you want to achieve?
- Measurable: Will you be able to tell if you are making progress?
- Attainable: Is there anything that may prevent you from achieving this goal?
- Relevent: Why is this goal important to you? How will it improve your life or someone else's life?
- Time-bound: Are you able to set a deadline for when this goal will be met?
If your goal meets these requirements you have a really good chance of reaching it. You may also want to consider breaking bigger goals down into smaller goals. That way you won't feel so overwhelmed.