You might think that homemade gifts are just for little kids, but that is not the case. In fact there are many things that you can make and do for people that they would like more than anything you could buy in a store. These gifts will be more meaningful because you are putting more thought and time into them. So here are some ideas for great gifts that will cost very little or nothing at all except for some of your time.
Think about what your gifts are. What are your talents or interests? Then brainstorm ways that you can use these to create gifts for people. Here are some examples:
- Musicians can write a song and make a recording of it
- Artists can draw or paint a picture of something that you know the person likes
- If you know how to knit, you can make someone a scarf or hat
- For your parents you can make coupons for different chores around the house. For example you can make up a coupon that says something like " This coupon is good for cleaning out the garage"
- Write a special poem and frame it
- Bake cookies or another favorite sweet treat that you know the person likes
Here are some other ideas for gifts that you can make yourself ( Click on each one for directions)
Photo Pendant or Magnet
Scarf (no knitting or sewing required)